Top 12 Health Tips for Women
12. Increase your daily steps from the baseline recommended 10,000 steps a day to 12,000 steps a day.
11. Review your immunizations! It is not just babies and don’t be a baby! Tdap, zostavax, pneumovax to name a few.
10. The news media can be a great source of health care information, but don’t rely too much on them. Always seek the advice of a qualified medical professional before taking action. Your health is worth the extra effort!
9. Pursue a new passion or hobby in 2017. Passion is good for your heart, brain, and soul.
8. Don’t regret what you eat! Eat for health, energy, and gusto. Don’t waste calories on empty foods.
7. Check your home and car safety. Batteries, tires, smoke detectors, first aid kits and firearm safety.
6. Update your living will, health care proxy, durable power of attorney for yourself and loved ones.
5. Bring in ALL of your medications, supplements, prescription and otherwise to your doctor visit.
4. Measure yourself: women’s waistlines need to be under 34″ and men’s under 40″. Check BP, BMI, cholesterol, and sugar and thryoid status.
3. Maintain your own health care records. Most folks have better health records on their pets than themselves!
2. Re-evaluate your substance use: drink warm green teas in place of excess caffeine, try wine spritzers or non-alcoholic beverages, and if you smoke, kick the habit or kick the can.
1. Turn off the 3D TV, tuck in the kindle fire and say “Goodnight iPad.” You need your Zzzz… at least 8 hours of sleep per night!